Lately, I’ve been asked several times, what are some blogs that I read or look to for inspiration. Well, to be honest there are too many to name. I don’t just stick to reading tumblr’s either – I read a variety of blogs, hosted on many different mediums (blogger, wordpress, etc). Tumblr is great for photo blogs and spotting trends, while others are great for information in the fashion industry. Here is a list of blogs I read on a daily basis that fulfill my fashion “fix”.
1) The Man Repeller - about trends guys hate and girls love – empowering women to wear what they want and feel great about it.
2) Holts Muse – great for finding articles on anything and everything in the fashion industry (relating back to HOLT RENFREW obviously). You can find anything from fashion and beauty, to the window displays they are notoriously famous for.
3) Canada Street Style – focuses on showcasing great Canadian fashion from the streets, for the purpose of developing greater views on fashion in our country (which is often understated and rarely understood).
4) The Broken Heel Diaries – an online magazine for women who learn from and embrace all the “broken heel moments” life brings. Sort of a spinoff concept from “fml”, but for the fashionistas of the world. Quoted from their blog: “That way any time a heel is broken, our BHD lady knows she can keep strutting strong.”
5) The Style Standards – Bringing the latest trends and industry specials to women of all ages. Lots of great street style photos and product reviews!
6) Style Circle – This new blog is run by the Ryerson Fashion Union, and is an online magazine for young women in the fashion world. Not only do they focus greatly on style, they also look at music and art, creating a cultural blog as well.
7) The Coveteur – Found by two friends, a designer, Erin Klienberg, and a stylist, Stephanie Mark; The Coveteur is one of the most unique blogs I’ve ever came across. They take you inside the closets of some of the most influential people in the industry, taking a new turn on styling and showing readers what you’ve been dying to see from some of fashions a-listers.
8 ) MTV Fora - I’m sure some of you have watched commercials on TV with the hilarious duo, Jessi Cruickshank. and Dan Levi, promoting this blog. Fora features fashion, beauty, and lifestyle advice for young women, complete with interview videos and tips&tricks.
9) Textstyles – A blog based in Toronto, ON, this blog is great for local style coverage, as well as event coverage. If you live in Toronto, or love the city, this is a great blog to check out!
10) Toronto Street Fashion – I guess, I’m partial to this blog, seeing as I am a contributor for it, but aside from that, Toronto Street Fashion is a very popular blog, raking in thousands of hits a day. Capturing Toronto’s best kept secrets, TSF gives you the best of fashion in the city.
Tags: blogs, fashion, style